Wednesday, June 21, 2006

What's cooking?


Let's face it, it was bound to happen. Written in the stars. In the (parallel time) history books. Unavoidable as fate: Me, food, blog.

Why did it take so long? Who knows... but this weekend, I was finally (re)turned to my senses by Drea and Johan, two true artists of the p(a)late. Inspired, I figured I'd fix us a proper meal.

Risotto aux crevettes et petits pois, by C'est moi qui l'ai fait (including the brilliant idea of puréeing half the peas beforehand, very subtle taste and a luvely green sheen on the rice):


With roasted tomatoes from my River Café Cookbook II. I used a mix of cherry tomatoes on the vine and Tasty Tom (my favourite).


As for the Gâteau au Yaourt (by Chocolate and Zucchini), Isabelle and I had a great time with it this morning. Ever since Drea's delicious rhubarb tart, I'd been dreaming of Coulis de Fraise, which explains why the gâteau is in serious danger of drowning, but oh man, was it good!

No comments: