Saturday, May 27, 2006

E-diet

The week in Moscow, www-free as it was, made me realize that I need to pace myself a little. Set some limits on my internet consumption. Life really is a lot more relaxing without the blog-stress, e-mail stress and so-called 'inspiration sessions' that turn out to be disguised 'beat yourself over the head' sessions starring blogs by infinitely funnier, smarter, more talented people who also happen to combine daily blogging with incredible productivity in a multitude of arts and crafts, full-time employment outside the home and families which sometimes include more than five children. Unsurprisingly, this type of bingeing leaves me as sick as the more regular kind would. Yuck.

Hence, the diet. Here is what I've figured out:
- Two days of the week (the Isabelle days) completely computer-free, including the evening (this is going to be so hard);
- The computer never gets turned on before Isabelle is asleep;
- Computer evenings may not exceed the two-hour limit (I have a question m'am: how about if the computer keeps crashing every two minutes as it is wont to do, or if the wireless connection goes AWOL once again? Is time spent swearing at a black or frozen screen considered to be computer-time?) (Hmmm... will have to think about that...) (I have another question, m'am: what about Skype? Telephone or computer?) (Grrr... what's with all this grey zoning...)

Now the trick is not to replace computer-time with television-time.

No comments: