Sunday, September 03, 2006

Shodding

'Onze lieve mama' (literally our sweet mama) (which is how the locals sometimes call me; it makes me sound like Our Lady of Mercy, and how suitable is that? I ask you) had decided to save Julie (Isabelle's favourite doll of the moment) from the many ills resulting from walking barefoot. What's more, in an inspired witty moment, the said 'lieve mama' had decided to make her shoes that would match Isabelle's own pink wonders. So I toiled and I toiled all evening (and swore and swore and swore some more. How does one convince two pieces of felt to stay together when clearly they have nothing in common, especially not shape?).

And then, this morning, Murphy's Law hit again and it turned out Isabelle's pink shoes were MUCH too small, they had to be replaced at once. The cruel cruel irony. So on I toiled, and toiled and toiled... et voilà! le résultat...

No comments: