Monday, October 16, 2006

Tea


Ask and you shall receive. That’s how the universe works. Since posting about my flu thoughts, the friends I was thinking about when writing the word ‘friendship’ have all in some way contacted me. It’s weird beyond words, although I am no longer spooked out by it the way I would have been a couple of years ago. It’s just the way the universe works.

My friend Marjo sent me some tea, made by this company, which is apparently run by a friend of hers. It’s gorgeous. The smell was so strong that in the few hours it was dangling in our mail box, the tea managed to rid the downstairs hall of the pervading smell of wet socks (whose?). Anyway, I LOVE getting things in the mail. So I think I’m going to have to start some kind of network, sending people ‘stuff’ and hoping to get ‘stuff’ in return. Wouldn’t that be nice? (there is a word for it, but it escapes me at present, ah, yes, swapping...). That’s it, I want to start swapping. Anybody in for some swapping? And if yes, what would you like to swap?

Me personally, I’m a sucker for:

- fabric
- buttons
- buttons
- more buttons
- ribbons
- poetry
- vintage china

In exchange, I can offer you:

- fabric
- buttons
- more buttons
- ribbons
etc.

Any takers?

2 comments:

Véronique said...

That is a fantastic poem! Just what the doctor ordered. You should see me sitting here with this huge grin on my face... Thank you. Your son has great taste.

Sasha said...

I can swap:
blooming tea
magazines (Interweave Knits, Bust, Threads, Dwell)
vintage rick rack
fabric
buttons

I like:
magazines (crafting, home decor titles)
fabric
buttons
kids wooden shoes?

let me know if you are interested.