Friday, November 03, 2006

33

My first frugality test: Marc's birthday. Everything homemade. The card. The gift.The cake (all gone now, Pear & Polenta from the River Café Cookbook III). The sheer pleasure. What a lovely way to do celebrations. I'm hooked (I hope Marc is too...).

And here he is, the birthday man.


In this picture is everything I love about him. He is kneeling on the floor in the kitchen, rubbing shoulders with his two-year old daughter, wearing a flowery apron (not homemade alas), and pounding 200 gr of bleached almonds with a wooden spoon. It makes me cry, just looking at it. The strength and the fragility in him. He is such an amazing man, and I am so very lucky. Thank you Marc, for sharing your life with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gefeliciteerd!Ben benieuwd wat je gemaakt hebt, ziet er mooi uit.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and sentimental post! Lucky you - Lucky you - Lucky Marc! Blessings!!!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Marc!!

Anonymous said...

The gift was a camera pouch, the little colourful patchwork item I put up on Flickr a few days ago. He loves it! (or at least he says he does...)