Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Corners of my home

This is the formerly very white wall in our kitchen. It has a total surface of approximately 18 square meters, and for as long as we've lived here, there has been nothing to break its paleness.

I have had many ideas: painting the wall some interesting colour (exciting but scary, what if I don't like it? and ultimately too much trouble, me very lazy), breaking the wall to make an opening into the living-room (somewhat outside the budget...), covering the wall in interesting vintage plates (don't own that many plates...), etc.

Then I had THE idea. I am slowly but surely covering the wall with paintings by my very favourite artist. So far, she's pretty affordable, she hasn't really been discovered yet (who knows, maybe this post will do the trick), and I simply adore her work.

No comments: