Thursday, November 27, 2008

the curse has come upon me...

i am menstruating for the first time in exactly two years. november 2006 was the last time. odd thing, this baby-belly-breast business. odd thing too how much one can miss monthly bleeding. i felt all new yesterday, full of possibilities. real. strong. big. with lots of argggghhhh in my belly. and an odd urge to treat myself to something to mark this new phase. so in my usual weirdo way, i went online and got myself these. and this (i tell you, medieval torturers had nothing on me). i also found this little piece of additional information:

"The animal of the new moon menstruation is the toad, with all her knowledge, her slipperiness, her ability to be quite alone, and her untouchable (poisonous) exterior."

yep, that's me to a t. slippery. poisonous. and alone (or desperately wishing to be). oh, and knowledge. yes. much knowledge.

2 comments:

Pauline said...

But did you realize...and it took a quite medical fat book on obstetrics to enlighten me...that actually, this regular curse of ours is very new? As in, say a hundred years ago, we would only be menstruating a guestimate of three times in two years, in between the breeding and feeding? Pretty special occasions, and quite likely extensively celebrated I'd think!!!

Véronique said...

no i didn't know... but of course. what a paradigm shift.