Saturday, December 17, 2005

My better half

In writing marathons, clearly, no news is bad news.

Following the onset of the week-two storm, things did not get better,
the plot lost the little momentum it still had,
the sub-plots turned out to be dead-ends,
the characters, who all sounded suspiciously like me in the first place,
suddenly decided they'd said enough already, and simply refused to speak,
and I was left with a new (and rather unwelcome) addition: a particularly annoying 3rd person narrator, who seems to be a clone of my internal editor, on one of her particularly bad days.

To add to these joys, I had two sessions of language-testing in one week, which would be enough to kill the inspiration of a flying Picasso, let alone good old little me.

Then, last night, to cherry-top the proverbial cake, Isabelle fell victim to a bout of particularly violent vomiting which continued with a frequency of about 10 minutes from 6 o'clock in the evening until approximately 4 o'clock in the morning.

Finally, the cherry on top of the cherry is the fantastic migraine that I inherited as a result of sleepless nights, and which has actually made the right-hand side of my face collapse.

So.... the view from here is: things could certainly improve...

On the up-side, despite having lost all the advantage I had accumulated, I still managed today to reach the half-way line,

and with a grand 25015 words, am still a whole 10 words ahead of schedule!!!!!!!

According to the guide, it's all smooth sailing from here. Well, let's hope they know what they're talking about, because smooth sounds just peachy...

No comments: