Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2429


...is the number of flowers on this dill twig. just kidding. it's the number of days that i breast-fed my children. (i didn't manage to take a decent, loving, respectful photograph of my breasts, so you get to look at the dill instead). this week, Toini lay down in bed next to me, put his hand on my breast, turned his head in the other direction and fell asleep. which concludes a marathon of 6 years, 7 months and 25 days. i am really happy, and really sad. you know, transitions, closure...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But does it mean he never wants to bf again? Is it his last time, you think?
My children use to do this to, but next day, they'll start again.
I've been breastfeeding voor 12 years,6 months and 6 days now....... But sometimes Josha does not drink before she falls asleep... next morning, or next evening, she drinks again....
She is slowely taking her time to wean.... I wonder when she will take her last sip, but I think it will take another year orso..
Love
Ellen