Friday, March 10, 2006

Other first

Despite all my feminist resolutions, and my own complete jewelry-poverty, I did not manage to prevent Isabelle from nearly fainting from pride and ecstasy when Sam presented her with the following item:



In total silence, she walked next to us all the way to the supermarket, her ringed middle finger held high, and the wrapping paper clutched tight in her other hand. She was in such a state that she even tried to walk with her eyes closed. Presumably to enjoy the feeling better.

Unfortunately, the ring was a bit loose and at the first movement, it fell off, to be tragically and ironically trampled in the stampede that followed in an attempt to retrieve it from the mud. So we went back to the store, and got another one. We explained to Isabelle that she should close her fingers just a bit to prevent the ring from falling. With the result that it took me a whole hour at home to unclench her little fists. This ring is a potential drama waiting to happen. I hope they get more at the store soon, so I can buy out the whole stock...

No comments: