Sunday, March 12, 2006

Yesterday's Post...

(... never got posted, et pour cause, I was sleeping the sleep of the dead by 20:15. Don't know what happened. Didn't even have time to remove my hairclip, resulting in painful bump on back of head all day. I slept twelve hours or so, and it felt great. I strongly recommend it (though without the hairclip)). Anyway, where were we?

Ah, yes, "The Nanosewmo"

No, just kidding, don't go away, I am not really going to sew a coat for the largest elephant in the Blijdorp zoo before the end of the month and entertain you with lots of details about the process...

Seriously though, remember how I bored you to death with the 'love your failures' philosophy of Nanowrimo? Well, that bit applies to almost everything, so today, it's 'show and tell' of lovely (and especially beloved) sewing failures, beginning with Alice's new jeans.


The jeans themselves are not too bad, although they barely cover her bum on the back, and she has to keep her legs close together when walking (actually, this is nothing compared to earlier drafts of these; at some point I actually managed to sew one of the legs shut, and as you can imagine, with Murphy's Law and all that, it was one of the straightest seams I ever stitched). No, the lovely failure is in the pink horror that covers the top (and the bretelles). Not only is the colour disastrous, and the finishing too painful for the eye, but the whole construction keeps coming loose at various junctions. Luckily, Alice is a) not really picky (at least, she's never been heard to complain) b) aware of her luck at being clothed at all (you should see the dress-code of some of our other 'pensionaires'!) and c) not overly wriggly... so she should be fine.

Besides, she was also given this lovely item, which I envy her terribly (as does Isabelle), observe in particular the tiny embroidered bluebird.



But I am running away with myself (as usual) (though I just managed to sneak in a success among the failures, hihi!). Here is another miracle, which is entitled 'Work in Progress'. I let you guess where it all went wrong.

The first one to guess will get one of them wonderful Japanese-inspired 'doudous'! (As soon as I figure out how to make them, that is...)

Crafting_

No comments: