Wednesday, March 29, 2006

La visite de Mamie III: To cut or not to cut

Of course we didn't manage to go ENTIRELY without shopping. Still, I am proud to announce that we managed to limit ourselves both in time and in money spent. Most of what we bought came from my favourite second-hand clothing store, the "Appel & Ei" (Apple & Egg) in Leiden.

Here are some 'Self-portraits wearing new old finds':

Amazing summer dress


Very hip retro top

Charming detail of very hip retro top



And this is where it gets funny...

The thoughts of a normal person in the Appel & Ei:

"hey, that's a beautiful blouse. What nice fabric. Not really my colour though, pity... and it's probably too small,... well, I'll try it anyway... look at that, it's a perfect fit!... and the colour is quite flattering after all. What luck! I'll take it"


Véronique's thoughts in the Appel & Ei:

"hey, that's a beautiful piece of fabric. Just what I need for that linnen bag I wanted to make... and it's a blouse, so that's perfect! Since I don't wear blouses anyway,... and it's not my colour,... and probably not my size either... no qualms about cutting it up... still, I'll try it on, since I'm waiting anyway... oh no! it's the right size... and the colour ain't half bad!... man, just my luck!!! how can I cut it now? This is too bad... Well, I'll take it, and I can always decide later whether I want to cut it or wear it..."

Latest news report: still utterly undecided...

No comments: