Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Warming-up

In the last few days, I have spent many hours engaged in the following activity: visiting an online vintage fabric store, selecting carefully (this in itself can take hours) the most crave-inspiring items that they sell, placing them one by one into my shopping cart, pausing for the longest time in agony, and then removing all items from the cart one by one until none...

This seemingly pointless exercise is the direct result of the interaction of two impulses in my little person, one of which is called IWANT and the other one ICANT. These two girls have more in common than either they or you might think. For one thing, they are both extremely tenacious, and they also both tend to begin all their sentences with 'yes, but...'.

And yet, despite this resemblance, they can't seem to ever agree on anything, causing me much anguish. But I have now finally found a way around the problem. I've decided to post a selection of my favourite samples right here on this blog. That way they are sort of mine, though not costly, and I can look at them as often as I want, without having to search for them every time. Plus, added bonus, you can enjoy them too.

So today, for your eyes alone, straight from 'Cia's Palette Online' we have some lovely blues:







(Note that the exercise is not as pointless as it seems. I am actually flexing the famous 'EYE' muscles in preparation for Friday, one of this year's most important events: the Leiden Stoffenbeurs (a once-a-year covered fair with fabric and fabric and more fabric, as far as the EYE can see))

No comments: