Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Surrealism

Isabelle had a bad day today: she lost her teeth and was hit on the head by a cheese.

These are the kinds of statements one can often truthfully make concerning one's two-year old. She did lose her teeth, albeit not the ones in her mouth but the little plastic dentition keyholder that she got from the friendly lady-dentist on her first visit yesterday. She was also, unfortunately, standing right underneath my arm, at the bottom of the stairs in our house when I dropped the pound of organic cheese that I was carrying (in my defense I was also carrying bananas, two packs of butter, yoghurt, toilet paper, raspberries and a couple of other things). It was a comic (though not so funny for her, she cried a lot) rendition of the old Le Corbeau et le Renard tale.

No comments: